Qualifying Comm1 customers in Goldfield, Kanawha, Klemme, and Corwith have access to Lifeline, which is federal assistance for income-qualified customers for phone or internet service.
Lifeline is the FCC’s program to help make communications services more affordable for low-income consumers. Lifeline provides subscribers a discount on monthly telephone service purchased from participating providers. The discounts, which can be applied to stand-alone broadband, bundled voice-broadband packages — either fixed or mobile — and/or stand-alone voice service, help ensure that low-income consumers can afford state-of-the-art broadband and the access it provides to jobs, education, and opportunities.
The Lifeline discount may be used for voice or qualified broadband service, but not both.
- Lifeline discounts on voice services are available to participants of both state and federally-recognized aid programs.
- Lifeline discounts on broadband services are available to participants of federally-recognized aid programs and is limited to certain broadband services. Broadband speeds must be 25 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload or faster to qualify.
- If you purchase voice and qualifying broadband services, the federal Lifeline discount will apply to your qualifying broadband service.
- Standard Lifeline — provides federal monthly support of up to $9.25 for qualifying broadband service and $5.25 for voice services.
How to apply for Lifeline assistance
- Learn about the Lifeline program on the USAC site
General eligibility requirements for Lifeline:
- Lifeline is available to qualified customers in every U.S. state. Qualification requirements vary by state.
- One Lifeline discount is available per household, even if the household has more than one telephone or broadband account, including landline or wireless service.
- Under the Lifeline program, a household is defined as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses.
- The Lifeline discount is not transferable and only eligible customers may enroll in the program.
For details about service standards for the Lifeline program, please see the USAC pages: